Your kitchen is the heart of your home and a very important selling point, even if you have not updated it recently you can make it look its best. Keep in mind that you are not selling your lifestyle but showcasing your home.
Here are few things you can do with a small amount of money:
- Clear out your counters, no small appliances, cutlery, cups etc.
- Remove all magnets (fridge door), drawings, and extra décor (leave a few to make it cosy)
- Clean ovens, fridge, dishwasher etc. inside out and all the other appliances you have
- Clean the cabinets, counters, sinks, backsplash, light fixtures (use fresh scented cleaning solutions) and also walls, floor etc.
- If you have a tile floor, take extra time to make it look good (grout cleaning)
- Wash your windows and see that the blinds and drapery are fresh and clean
Now when your kitchen looks spacious, spotless and smells fresh it is time to enhance it;
Look around you. What is a nice trendy colour to bring to your kitchen? I find that all greens and yellows during the spring time are fabulous; tulips in many colours and yellow colour fruits look fresh, buy a lot and put them on display.
4 pounds of lemons in glass vases or bowls make a difference. This is also a good way to take years off from dated backsplash tiles or counters.
You can also bring colourful accessories like bowls, towels, pot holders, rugs, table mats etc. if you have a breakfast area, set the table
With a little money you can enhance your cabinetry with new knobs and handles, but make sure that they go with the door style.
Cabinet under lights are a great add, so look around for ones that you can plug in, so no electrician is required.
You can also add a backsplash if you do not have one; stickers which look like tiles (home reno centers), or tile yourself. It is even possible to glue on top of the existing old tiles.
If you have worn out counters, there are companies who spray paint counters and they look like “granite” (a very quick solution).
Change the light bulbs so they are bright and give a lot of light, put them all on during your open house.
Now that your kitchen is fresh and sparkling you can be sure that your home has its best “face” on to buyers!
Get more blog posts delivered right to your email. Please sign up below!