You have three options when it comes to completing your kitchen and bathroom project:
DIY: Manage (or even do) the project yourself
- plan and design
- find the suppliers for: cabinets, counters, faucets, equipment, materials, lighting, plumbing, electrical, ventilation, installation...
- get quotes, sign the contracts, schedule, do buying and oversee the project
Contact a reputable kitchen or bath retailer.
- they will visit your home and prepare their design using their own products
- the design documents will not be given to you for competitive bids; you need to do this process all over with each vendor
- retailers often use their preferred trades
Using an independent Kitchen and Bath Specialist
- you will start with a consultation to clarify your expectations, dreams and preferences
- you will be presented with the complete design (layout, materials, lighting, cabinets...) which you own
- only recommended and your choice of suppliers will be requested to quote
- the specialist will support you all the way in the selection and buying process for all the materials, appliances and supplies
- the schedule and budget will be managed for you, if you choose
you will get the benefit of years of professional experience and unbiased advise